Get a referral
The BCCM provides referrals to advisors who can assist your co-op in the journey from planning to reality:
Co-operative development and business planning
- Develop and review your co-operative business plan.
Legal and governance
- Advice on drafting or amending co-operative rules and other legal documents.
- Compliance issues.
Accounting and auditing
- Develop or review your financial projections and tax position.
- Advice from professionals experienced in co-operatives.
- Guidance on co-operative securities and financing options.
- Develop strategies to engage members during formation and start-up.
Marketing and promotion
- Develop your co-operative branding and marketing.
- Help with web-based business features.
The BCCM does not warrant or guarantee the work undertaken by any advisers or professionals under referral and is not liable in relation to goods or services such advisers or professionals may provide to you. The BCCM makes all attempts to provide accurate and up-to-date information but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of information provided.
News and events
Stay in touch with all things co-ops and mutuals: read BCCM’s latest news, media releases and in the media, sign up to our e-newsletter, read past issues, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn and browse the BCCM video gallery.
The BCCM hosts educational events suitable for new and existing co-operatives. See what’s coming up.
Find a co-op
Co-operatives are usually willing to share information to assist other co-operatives at all stages of development. Reach out to a co-op in your area or industry using the Co-operatives and Mutuals Geolocator.
Become a member of the BCCM
Co-operatives and mutuals can become a friend or a member of the BCCM. The BCCM is the national peak body for the co-operative and mutual sector. Get member-only support, resources and networking opportunities. Contact us to discuss the benefits of membership as a start-up co-op.